WESTMORELAND COUNTY HOSPITAL CONDITION COLOR CODES
The following color "condition" codes have been used by hospitals in Westmoreland County to indicate their facility's status. (NOTE: These codes fell into disuse in 2009. For example, CONDITION RED has been replaced by "TREATMENT DELAY STATUS".)
- GREEN: The Emergency Department is open with no restrictions
- YELLOW: The Emergency Department is busy but not overwhelmed. Patients presenting to the Emergency Department via EMS may experience significant delays in treatment due to the current volume and/or acuity of patients already in the Emergency Department. EMS personnel should inform the patient of this situation and consider transporting the patient to another facility if the patient consents. This condition automatically terminates in 4 hours unless renewed.
- RED: All of the usually available resources in the Emergency Department are overwhelmed such that receipt of additional patients will result in the inability to care for them safely. Patients may not be brought to the Emergency Department unless EMS personnel perceive the patient to be suffering from an immediately life-threatening illness or injury. This condition automatically terminates in 2 hours unless renewed.
- BLACK: A hospital/facility may be reported in "Condition Black" when an emergency situation or catastrophic event exists that renders the entire facility as being unsafe. Examples of such events include but are not limited to: Fire, explosion, bomb threat, gun fire, nuclear/biological/chemical incidents, etc.
No patients shall be transported to facilities that are reported as in "CONDITION BLACK"
- CLOSED: A hospital/facility no longer maintains an appropriate receiving department for EMS.
Remember... send any new codes, frequencies, questions or talkgroups to COMMENTS2007 [at] pa2600 [dot] com.
Pa2600.com gratefully acknowledges emsi.org as the source of the above information.
This website is copyright 2004-2010 by pa2600.com. All rights reserved.